Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Pink & other great singers

  1. #1
    Inactive Member D0320's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2002
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi everyone,
    just wondered what your opinions of PINK are. I think she is a really amazing singer (and yet, i am not really into teeny bop type of music - not that i think she is in that catagory, but i think she draws that type of fan!!)
    I think she has so much potential to become a really amazing artist - and that is what makes me draw comparisons with Cherie. I also think PINK has a great '**** You' attitude (very much in the tradition of THE RUNAWAYS!)
    Which other female singers does everyone like.
    Stevie Nicks
    Tori Amos
    Sheryl Crow
    Natalie Merchant
    Karen Peris (from an amazing band called The Innocence mission)
    Mary J Blige
    Jonatha Brooke
    Shawn Colvin
    Emmylou Harris
    Patty Grifin (check out her new album -i it is amazing!!)
    i would love to know what Cherie thinks of the above!!!
    Love from the UK!!!
    Dave

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Radio Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pink is great. I saw her show last month in San Francisco and she sounded awesome live. She's got a lot of potential. Other female artists for me:

    Cherie of course!
    Ann Wilson/Heart
    Linda Perry 4 Non Blondes
    Janis Joplin
    Mary J. Blige
    Grace Slick
    Joan Jett
    Beyonce/Destiny's Child (I love her!)
    And there's this unsigned band from Pennsylvania called HaelStorm with this 18 year old female singer that I'm keeping a close eye on. She potentially could be really really good.

    How's the UK? London is my favorite city in the world.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lulirock's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2002
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I think Pink is great. She got attitude and it helps a lot.
    Here goes some great singers to make a big list: [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Suzi Quatro
    Johnette Napolitano
    Pat Benatar
    Patti Smith
    Katt Lowe
    Tina Turner

    Let's rock!!! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    *Luciana*

  4. #4
    Inactive Member briN_bifN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Bif Naked

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rustiallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24th, 2001
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    o.k. i'll play,

    alison moyet
    k.d. lang
    dusty springfield
    annie lennox
    etta james
    sinead o'connor
    donna summer

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I think Pink is very good. What I've heard so far anyway. Sort of the anti-Brittney isn't she?
    No one compares to Cherie but a few other female singers worth mentioning IMO!
    Deborah Harry
    Terri Nunn
    Shirley Manson
    Gwen Stefani
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Bjork [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Free Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm taking a stan.JOAN JETT,JOAN JETT,JOAN JETT,

    LOL This is Team Cat1 [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Can you imagine them all together for some really big, one of a kind collaboration!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] We are the girls! We are the Women!
    We are the ones who rock the world today so lets keep singin' [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Cherie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] could be the main lead singer and have a duet with Joan while all the others could sing on the chorus and add their own little bits too!
    It would be remarkable that's for sure!
    Later,
    [img]wink.gif[/img] Gus

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Smidge95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2001
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been a fan of women who rock since I was a kid. Some of my favorites include:

    **Stevie Nicks**
    Cherie (of course!)
    Lee Aaron
    Christine McVie
    Lita Ford
    Joan Jett
    Tina Turner
    Carole King
    Girlschool
    Ann/Nancy Wilson
    Johnette Napolitano
    Patty Smyth
    AND TONZ MORE!!

    I also have a fan site dedicated to my favorite female rockers:

    FEMMETAL-Women Who Rock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic